My video is skipping, will not load or is freezing.
My video is skipping, My video will not load, My video is freezing
Video playback issues can be affected by browser updates/system updates on your computer extensions/add-ons in the browser and connection related issues.
Here's a list of solutions for various devices that should help fix playback issues.
Make sure you have a fast and stable internet connection. The following table shows the minimum speeds required for each playback quality:
Quality Required Minimum Bandwidth
240p 500 kbps
360p 1 Mbps
720p 3 Mbps
1080p 7 Mbps
- Try clearing your browser's cache and restarting it. Please also make sure you are using the latest, up to date version of a supported browser.
- Make sure you're on a fast, reliable internet connection. When a video plays in lower than expected quality, it’s likely because your Internet speed (bandwidth) or computer processing speed cannot support higher quality playback
- If you can, try switching to a different internet or data connection.
- Manually switch the quality of the video playback to a lower quality.
- Try browsing in an Incognito or private browsing window. This will disable your extensions and clear your cache and cookies, which often improves performance.
- If you have any internet filtering devices for your home (such as Disney Circle or Net Nanny), please turn these off as they can interfere with video playback or connectivity. Once done, close and reopen your browser and try visiting our website again.
- If you have any other devices to try, sometimes that makes a difference.
Apps: iOS (iPhone & iPad), Apple TV, Android, Roku
- Logout of the app and log back in.
- Close the app, and turn off the Wi-Fi on your device. Turn Wi-Fi back on and open the app.
- Restart your device and open the app.
- Check if there is an update for the app
- Try uninstalling the app entirely and downloading it again
- Also, if you have any internet filtering devices for your home (such as Disney Circle or Net Nanny), please turn these off as they can cause issues with video playback or connectivity.
- Make sure your device and Chromecast are on the same wifi network.
- Make sure you have a fast and stable internet connection with a download speed of at least 500kbps.
- Unplug Chromecast and plug back in.
- Restart your wireless router or modem.
If you continue to have playback issues, please provide the below information to our support team at [email protected]:
- Email used for the account in your Store:
- Link/URL to the page they are having playback issues:
- Computer OS Version:
- Browser Type:
- Browser Version:
- Steps to reproduce the problem:
- Any screenshots/video recordings that depict the problem:
- Can you reproduce the problem using another browser? (for example Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari?)
- Can you please try another device + network? (For example, a friends computer using their internet connection, or a cellular device not connected to your home internet)
This will help our team investigate further.
or call 1 (800) 380 - 6330 (Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM CST)